Friday, October 31, 2008

Basel

I like the name itself.

Basel was a 5 years-old boy who had brain cancer. My sister, being a nurse at a cancer centre, met this boy. She said he was extraordinary; smart, charming and very gorgoues. But most of all, he was very brave.

She said that everytime he saw her he'd say "you are the ugliest nurse I've ever seen! You never wear make-up!"

But one day, he was late for his chemo-therapy session and he had this fake sword with him. So he went to my sister wanting to fight her, my sister adores kids, so she said " well, why don't you use your sword with the ppl who operate the session?" when that worked, he came up to my sister and said " you know, you're not ugly anymore =)"

One day, I went to visit my sis, I ot to her house before her, and she came along with this tiny bottle of bubble solution and said "hey look, Basel got me this today because he thinks I'm pretty now"

I loved this boy without even meeting him. He, and many other cases, just tell you how strong a child is. They know they're sick, but they still play around and laugh along. Basel was brave, very brave.

He lost his ability to speak lately, he only smiled at people he liked.

The beauty of life lies in the eyes of these charachters who paint your world with their charming souls. It hurts when you see such a soul in such pain but it even hurts more when you know there's nothing you can do but sit and watch them slip away.

Makes you very happy when one of them recovers and joins life again without fear of dying soon yet you get a new hope everytime one of these amazing people smiles at you.





Basel died last week.






.

No comments: